New tank thermostat still giving scalding water

Sorry for the delay in updating this but for anyone still interested ...

I've been trying a few options but not getting anywhere.
1. I changed the tank thermostat but it didn't help. I therefore suspect it isn't a tank thermostat problem and even the old one is probably OK.
2. I checked the tank thermostat wiring and three wires are connected in the same configuration as before.
3. I checked the back plate of the Hive unit and all wires are connected and are the same as the old thermstat unit.
4. I turned on the heating with the tank thermostat on low and the hot water pipe didn't heat up. (I've had this problem since the summer when the heating wasn't on at all)
5. When I switch between heating, hot water, both, the valve switches correctly.

I'm running out of ideas! It could be with wiring at the other end I suppose, but I can't think of anything else. I guess I need to get a professional in. :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back