new uPVC windows and kitchen/bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'm having new windows fitted this week and, shortly afterwards, a new kitchen and bathroom. My question is: should I remove the tiles round the inside windows of the kitchen and bathroom before the windows are fitted? Underneath, there is just crumbling plaster. Will that make the windows more difficult to fit or will it be easier/tidier for the plasterer to plaster right up to the new frame? If I don't remove the tiles, do I risk damaging the new windows by removing the tiles afterwards?

I would be grateful for any advice before the window fitters come on Wednesday.

Thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
I'd remove them but first of all who's responsible for making good to the inside plaster? If its the fitters then don't do too much damage to the plaster as they'll only whinge that theres more work for them to do and more than was agreed.

If they're leaving the insides completely for your plasterer then again remove before, the platerer can then plaster up to the windows

Thanks for your response. Under normal circumstances the window fitters would be responsible for making good any internal damage but for these rooms, I won't expect them to do that because our kitchen/bathroom fitter will be plastering the whole lot.

Thanks for your advice. Better get to work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back