New Vokera Boiler is constantly heating and wont stop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have a 3 year old Vokera Mynute HE35 boiler, whos warranty has just run out. It is controlled via an external Digital Programmer.

It was working fine last week but now, I can't stop it from constantly heating up the hot water. The radiators dont seem to be affected. The digital programmer doesnt seem to be able to switch off the boiler anymore, and the only way I can do it is by turning it off on the wall, which obviously means I have no hot water. The boiler display shows no fault lights or errors, just a green 'heating' light.

Ive read up some previous threads, and have found that faulty connections or the Microswitch is usually the problem, But I have looked at the programmer wiring and it doesnt seem to be loose and Ive also looked in the manual for diagrams of my HE35 and I dont think it actually has a microswitch!

Does anyone know what the equivalent of a microswitch could be in my boiler or what could be causing the problem?

Aaron

Sponsored Links
Is this a heat only boiler with a motor valve with a jammed microswitch?

I dont consider a three year old boiler "new".

What does the installer have to say?

Tony

Thanks for your reply.

All I know is that's its incorporates electronic ignition, circ pump, expansion vessel, safety valve, pressure gauge and a flue system. When there is a request for hot water from the programmer, the pump and fan start, and the pcb ignites a burner which heats water.

The manual is of no use and I haven't asked anyone professional about it yet, although if I can't fix it myself I will probably take out insurance cover for it, although I won't be able to claim for 2-4 weeks from taking out cover.

Any ideas?

Aaron

Ive read up some previous threads, and have found that faulty connections or the Microswitch is usually the problem, But I have looked at the programmer wiring and it doesnt seem to be loose and Ive also looked in the manual for diagrams of my HE35 and I dont think it actually has a microswitch!
The microswitch is located in the hot water zone valve.
It is not part of the boiler or programmer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Interestingly, a few hours later, the boiler started working normally again. But now, it wont heat up at all, and doesnt seem to be responding at all to the programmer. Again, no error code visible.

Has the thermostat gone?

Just to update

I gave up trying to fix it myselgf, because of a lack of time and having to go to work, so called a plumber.

Up in the attic, he replaced the zone/divertor valve, as 45yearsagasman had shown a picture of.

I paid £157 for the privilege of having it replaced (although I took the plumbers word for it that it was the whole valve and not just the microswitch inside it that was a problem - The whole valve cost £70, the microswitch around £4 so I have my doubts!).

Next time, Ill know what to do at least.

Generally, it's the valve sticking rather than the microswitches, so your plumber has done good.

No plumber would ever replace the microswitch although DIYers sometimes do.

Its normal to replace the head assembly as thats quick.

The shaft can become tight and is best replaced although they can often be freed up with WD40 ( for a while! ).

The whole body is usually replaced although the shaft and ball can be replaced on their own. I dont know why but few people actually do that! The system still has to be drained which is most of the work!

Tony

Tony, are you saying the ball itself or the saft alone can be replaced?

WD40 is not a lubricant, so I would not use this to lubricate the shaft. WD40 stands for Water Displacement compound 40 ;)

My preference is silicon spray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back