New washer drier being delivered on Saturday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As above, getting a new Washer Drier on Saturday. What detergents do people recommend, i've heard that the capsule types clog machines up and that the liquids don't wash as good as powder.

Also should i be using Calgon in each wash? I live near Crewe in Cheshire and am not sure if it is a hard water area or not.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Can only give personal recommendations as suits my family.
We have always used Persil as any other brand seems to aggravate excema in our family. I was advised by a washing machine engineer not to use powder as apparantly it cloggs up the insides of the machine as it does not all get rinsed away. I use the liquids. Was advised with the liquids that they can gunge up the workings too but a way around this was to run it maybe once a month on its hottest wash with white vinegar in it to clear the gunge.
Re your water hardness, don't know but if you look at the web there is a map somewhere showing where the hard water areas are. Good luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back