Zanussi WJS1397W Washer Drier Control Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As you may have guessed i have a problem with the above washer drier.

Its the cycle control knob. When i turn it to the wash cycle i want, it pauses for a few seconds and then starts to turn on its own. Nothing strange there, you might say, but.... it advances one click every 2 seconds or so - all way around the dial. i.e it starts at D and ends at R (i thing R is the last one) ignoring the normal stop points e.g H.

No washing, rinsing, spinning or drying happens.

This problem has got worse over the last week or so, as i used to be able to get the washer to work by turning the knob all the way around add to re-try it, but now that trick doesnt work.

Im guessing its a timer/pcb fault - as its the most likley (and expensive).

I also need a replay soon, as with the washering machine not working im upto my armpits in sticky, sweaty and smelly TKD uniforms. :cry:

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What have you checked on the machine?
I assume the door actually locks so next place to check would be the motor. Check to see if the carbons have worn away.

So far, the following has been checked....

The whole door mechanism.
The front filter.
The steam condenser.
Both pumps.
The whole motor - not just the bushes, although thats not a suspect as its not a drum problem.
The heater element.

Sponsored Links
You'll find that a fault with a motor will cause this fault on a zanussi hence the reason the carbon brushes were mentioned.

As you've checked and tested all the obvious items it looks like it may well be a programmer fault.

Somone sugested that i see if the heater element was dead.

So, as it was quick and cheap. i.e free... i thought id give it a try. I whipped it out (steady now) and had it tested. It was OK. Stuck it back in the washer, connected everything back up, and set it going with pen and notpad in hand it jot down what it did.

It behaved its self. It behaved its self so well, infact, that it blasted through the washing mountain that had been steadily growing while it was playing up without a complaint. :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

Answers on the back of a postcard to the usual address, please :confused: :confused: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back