New windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been given a few double glazing quotes from local companies and recently received one from a n independent installer, which is almost have the cost of major companies. Are the independents just as good as the major companies. I'm tempted by the cheap price, as hes done another house locally, but are there any downsides?

Sponsored Links
Many independent traders are as good if not better than your so called bigger companies, it really depends, the bigger companies can bodge a job as well as a independent one can.
What you need is some good references and proof of work and satisfied clients.
Remember when having windows fitted, if the fitter is not fensa registered, building controls will need to be informed.

Most companies have similar material costs. That extra 50% price of the big companies is mostly the salesman's commission

For fun, haggle a bit and just see how many £00's are instantly knocked of the quote "as a favour if you sign now"

Sponsored Links
I see your point, however what happens down the line if something goes wrong. I dont think they're FENSA registered and would the glass be to the current regulations?

Haggle harder, I recently managed to get Anglian to come in under the cost of a local guy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back