Next doors kitchen spotlights-DESL RF lighting John D anyone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my next door adjoining new neighbour has electrical jobs and asks if i can put a few dimmer switches in for them.

The kitchen has 9 spots recessed in the ceiling in a lovely square nine.

I decided to open up the middle one to find the wattage of the lamps etc to see what is required and find that the centre one is about 10 mm from a slightly charred ceiling joist. Kitchen fitter no doubt as it was done up by a previous owner a couple of years back.

Nine 12 volt 50 watt spots, now I am asked if i can get a brushed steel dimmer. what wattage would you get? I'm tempted to advise them to move them but that would require virtually a completely new ceiling if you want it to look nice unless a plasterer can cut out a one foot square and join to existing and make it look pretty still.

i want a simple solution and i think lowering the wattage of the bulbs to something like 35 watts or even 20 watts may help but ideally they really want ripping out and moving. RF lighting, John d etc

What would you do???

Sponsored Links
If they have individual Tx's, replace the ones on joists with mains CFL fittings.

Dim the LV ones, and use a plain switch on the CFLs.

You'd be REALLY saving them some money too. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back