• Penny Mordant

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Kier Starmer

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Utter nonsense.

There will be people who will not accept an Indian PM. Labour will quietly count on their votes and will welcome it if it gets them past the line?

Sponsored Links
If Sunak does win the keys to Downing Street; then labour will be counting on the racist vote to get Kier elected into number 10..
No they won’t.

in a general election voters will care about voting for their team, they won’t care about the colour.

The colour of his skin seems central to the discussion here rather than his complete ineptitude as chancellor.
There you go.

His colour has no bearing on my vote... I like the fella and believe he will be a breath of fresh air.

It will bamboosal Labour when the go to chuck they right wing racist card...

Sponsored Links
Notorious liar, the dishonest Johnson, has got his buddies spreading the rumour that he has got a hundred MPs supporting him.

It's just that they are invisible, or very shy.

Apparently this is to scare MPs who want a job from the new Prime Minister, and know that Johnson will try to freeze out anyone who is not a loyal and unthinking supporter.

If Johnson had a hundred, he would not be trying to cut a deal with Sunak.

Some people know Johnson's history on (not) honouring "deals" he has made.

He has a problem trying to get MPs to support him.

Because they've met him.

His colour has no bearing on my vote... I like the fella and believe he will be a breath of fresh air.

It will bamboosal Labour when the go to chuck they right wing racist card...
It's all a bit of an irrelevance due to the fact the systems broke.

The colour of his skin seems central to the discussion here rather than his complete ineptitude as chancellor.
There you go.
Blame the racists. The colour of his rosette is more important to rational people.

His colour has no bearing on my vote... I like the fella and believe he will be a breath of fresh air

Sunak would be better for the country

Sunak is a serious politician, we would see decisions made based on evidence and data. It’s what this country needs

There will be people who will not accept an Indian PM. Labour will quietly count on their votes and will welcome it if it gets them past the line?
You're way off the mark.
If the Tory membership get to vote, and that's a big IF, then those potential racists will vote for whoever is on the ballot paper.
They do not have the option for voting for a Labour candidate because there isn't one on the ballot paper!

All you're doing is demonstrating your ignorance of the process for deciding the next leader of the Tory party. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Get a grip!. Better still, get a grown up to edit your posts.

There you go.
Interesting viewpoint. Again.

when truss was promoting her policies, what did sunak say ?

Tellingly, even Rees-Mogg does not say that Johnson has the support of 100 MPs.

"Asked whether he truly had the necessary 100 Conservative MPs supporting him to get his name on the ballot, Rees-Mogg says "the people who are doing the numbers" for Johnson's campaign say he does."

Not "yes he does"

Not "I've seen the names"

Not "I've spoken to the MPs"

Just "somebody said so"

"Ex-Chancellor Rishi Sunak has just confirmed he is running to be leader of the Conservative Party."

If Sunak doesn't win I have a feeling they may be missing out.
he's usually accurate.
Hague appears to have had enough of Boris.

There is a claim that the Tory can't do their "funny" votes for PM due to social media. LOL if all voting is released to the public people who change can just say I changed my mind and tweer that.

There was a panel discussing all of this on BBC this morning. The most interesting member was the head of the BofE during the banking crisis. A pollster lady also had interesting comments about Boris's popularity while he was leader. Duncan Smith - waste of time being there.

The most interesting comment from the BofE man was that who ever gets it will have to be extremely honest with the public. He also mentioned where the tax burden really is amongst the public. That has always been a fact or life but probably worse in recent years. Then they had Penny on LOL. Honest - usual flannel coming out. Seems she may have talked to Sunak about a job if he wins.

Starmer on as well. He does have ideas that will raise many £b's of tax without hitting the public but not enough. He also admits that he wouldn't be able to do some Labour like things as soon as he would like. Also mentioned until an OBR report comes out they do not have complete figures. That's a fact.

LOL Labour supporters might be inclined to think they are best out of power at the moment as the Tory are likely to have to do something that they usually just wouldn't even consider. Sunak already had actually. If they don't even more trouble in the future.

Some are now seeing it's rather strange that Sunak hasn't declared. His talk with Boris wasn't long and seems to have related to uniting the party. Sunak has actually already attracted from all cabals. LOL Sunak has just declared via a tweet. He has his smile back again. I think there is a slight chance he might be honest and keep that simple.

Sponsored Links
Back