NIC DI Assesement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

NIC DI assesements coming up soon:

Will I be ok if the smoke alarms are on the lighting ircuit rather than a dedicated one.

Will the inspector want to see paperwork of mains supply being isolated by DNO for the CU change.

Two metered installations are running off one single phase supply ( Shop below and flat above), will this be and issue? I have attached a photos of the mains supply.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Will I be ok if the smoke alarms are on the lighting ircuit rather than a dedicated one.

If it complies with BS7671, you are OK.

Two metered installations are running off one single phase supply ( Shop below and flat above), will this be and issue? I have attached a photos of the mains supply.

Where's the picture?

tilla tech wrote:

Taylortwocities
If it complies with BS7671, you are OK.

I thought it might be one those NIC preferences eg. rubber grommet on metal knockout boxes.

tilla tech wrote:
Two metered installations are running off one single phase supply ( Shop below and flat above), will this be and issue? I have attached photos of the mains supply.

Taylortwocities
Where's the picture?

Sorry I thought I put the pictures on the album.
//www.diynot.com/network/tilla tech/albums/

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
I thought it might be one those NIC preferences eg. rubber grommet on metal knockout boxes.

Isn't that an professional electricians preference?? They can only enforce your work to comply with BS7671. Be prepared to test a ring final circcuit properly if you are a bit green. Make sure all of your test equipment is calibrated. Have all of your paperwork available, insurance, EAWR, GN3, BS7671 ect ect.

As a veteran of plenty of assessments and knowing a number of area engineers in a professional capacity, I can categorically state that I have never encountered one of these so-called 'NICEIC Made-up Regs'.

The assessors will only judge you against the requirements of BS 7671, although they may have favourite methods for dealing with certain aspects of the job and meeting those requirements. This is what's known as bl**dy valuable advice and worth listening to.

On the other hand, as you are going for DI you will likely encounter an 'associate' and some of these guys, although knowledgeable, have less in-depth regulation knowledge than an area engineer (or me, for that matter). This works in your favour. Be nice, ask questions and if you think he's asking for something that is not required, just ask him politely to show you where to find it. (Don't turn it into a contest!)

Thanks for the advice and reassurance.

By the way did anyone manage to look at the pics of the main fuse and how its split between shop below and upper flat( where I carried out the work). you can click on the first pic and it will go onto my album which will show the other two pics. I dont knopw how to load pics directly on to the main window.

Thanks All

If tilla tech is a "qualified domestic installer" he will not have seen, or even ever been told about, MICC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back