NICEIC Inspection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've called in and paid for the DI scheme with the NICEIC today.
My question is (sorry if it's been asked previously, couldn't find a thread)
But how have you guys dealt with carrying out your works to be inspected before actually being registered?

Have you notified and paid the council?

Friend of mine went ahead and didnt notify council, and had no issues with NICEIC inspector, but I don't want to void the visit and have to do another.
I also don't want to pay £500 to council.

Sponsored Links
Well there is the law and there is prosecution. Avoiding only one of them is an option. I would call it dependant relationship but I think if you weren't worried about dodging the law you would already be looking at the inspection report.:cool:

When I did my CU change for my NICEIC sign up a few years back, I called my LABC and told them that I was using it for my NICEIC major job, went over my qualifications, and confirmed that I would supply a completed EIC and copy of my meter calibration cert etc, they charged me £65.

LABC came out once I notified them work was complete, he was in the house less than 2 mins, and didn't even open the front cover of the CU let alone look inside. He just looked at the Cu and said "looks ok, you probably know more than I do anyway"

My NICEIC inspector did ask to see the LABC cert, more to check that I knew the notification process I should of followed than anything else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back