Nige F For PM!

Sponsored Links
The shambles is the ones who do not vote.
The sooner it is made a legal item the better. Also take votes away from people who reside abroad as they have no idea about issues here anymore.
Why they are allowed is beyond me unless it is for work purposes.

Only one in three people bothered to vote on Thursday so it's not a case of the odd 'shambles' as you put it but two thirds of the population who can see that voting makes no difference. Those that thought it necessary to vote were in the minority. I personally would love to vote someone in that I trusted to do the job but unfortunately they don't exist and if it were made a legal item, I would simply waste my vote on the most unlikely candidate as a protest.

Sponsored Links
Only one in three people bothered to vote on Thursday so it's not a case of the odd 'shambles' as you put it but two thirds of the population who can see that voting makes no difference. Those that thought it necessary to vote were in the minority. I personally would love to vote someone in that I trusted to do the job but unfortunately they don't exist and if it were made a legal item, I would simply waste my vote on the most unlikely candidate as a protest.

You're part of the problem.

Don't like the candidates, stand yourself, join a party.

Of course you have google to hand, but I bet you don't know the name of all the candidates and what they want to do for local issues.

Do you even know how many of the local candidates even live in the constituency, or anything about them?

Maybe you do, you can easily claim that with google to hand, my suspicion is no, you don't.

You're part of the problem.

Don't like the candidates, stand yourself, join a party.

Of course you have google to hand, but I bet you don't know the name of all the candidates and what they want to do for local issues.

Do you even know how many of the local candidates even live in the constituency, or anything about them?

Maybe you do, you can easily claim that with google to hand, my suspicion is no, you don't.

Hello AS, am i also part of the problem along with a lot of people i've spoken to that we in Bristol have now got a mayor? most of the people i've spoken to knew nothing about it, nothing pushed through the door, no one knocking on the door, nothing on the box, very hush hush. :confused: :confused:

Hello AS, am i also part of the problem along with a lot of people i've spoken to that we in Bristol have now got a mayor? most of the people i've spoken to knew nothing about it, nothing pushed through the door, no one knocking on the door, nothing on the box, very hush hush. :confused: :confused:

If you need stuff spoon-fed to you, rather than trying to keep yourself informed.

Then yes, you are part of the problem.

A quick google shows stories in Bristol news sources about the mayor dated 2010 and 2011, hardly "hush hush" is it?

Like most people I suspect the amount of effort you put into which box to tick amounts to bothering to turn up, as opposed to reading into each and every candidates personal information and manifesto.

The fact that people voted on national issues in local elections just proves my point.

Contary to popular belief i do have a life away from this computer, if i'm going to google something it is not going to be about the Bristol mayor, far more important to me is the eastern European lady looking for a relationship, what is meant by "quicky" is this a fast church ceremony? :confused:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back