Nilfisk pressure washer - drain & tube cleaner problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just bought a 15m drain and tube cleaning hose for my Nilfisk Pressure Washer. When I connect the new hose, the pressure washer runs for about 5 seconds and then cuts out. I have to release the trigger and wait for about 10 seconds before it will start again. 5 seconds later it stops again. This continues all the time I try to use the new hose.
When I go back to the standard lance, it works fine.

Something to do with the new hose?? I know it is designed to go around tight bends but it does seem VERY flexible.

Can anyone throw any light on this please?

Sponsored Links
It could be that the main is not supplying enough water to keep the pressure up or the opening at tip is too large to work with your machine.

Pressure washers rely on back pressure in the lance to work effectively. I'd suggest the accessory isn't designed for that machine or, as mentioned above, the incoming water volume and pressure isn't sufficient.
John :)

Hmm, thanks for the quick comments. That's annoying, the water pressure is very good here so I suspect the machine is not man enough for the task!

The machine is actually borrowed so I may have to buy (or borrow :rolleyes:) a larger one. It's a Nilfisk E140.2 - any good?.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it will be very similar to most pressure washers of that price range - but I'd only choose it if it had the drain clearing accessory that you need, then you have some comeback if it's not suitable.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back