nissan micra heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a nissan micra when i put heating on i get a burning smell inside car it then goes away i there something wrong with my heater

Sponsored Links
Methinks...the heater matrix, or radiator, inside the car may have sprung a slight leak - hence the characteristic smell when it gets hot.
Check very carefully, over a few days or weeks, that the radiator coolant level isn't going down. The liquid will be green, if its genuine Nissan.
John :)

hey,

check the headlight bulb holder on both lights (mostly drivers side). Very common Micra problem where these melt causing a burning smell. Also makes your main beam light to come on the dashboard (even very faintly sometimes)

hope this helps, easy enough to repair to

cheers

Sponsored Links
Righto and thanks Dave - the K11 is the 'Noddy' shape car, and the K12 is the latest bug eye shape.
Cheers for the tip!

should the water circulate through the extra holding container just beside the radiator?
This level has never changed and looks as if its never been used. i know on some other models (astra) you can see the water being pumped through this contiainer.

No, that container remains static, but.....to check the correct coolant level on these - engine cold, remove the main radiator filler cap. The level should be completely full. If it isn't, fill to the brim and put the cap back on.
Check the level in the bottle alongside and top up if necessary.
how this system works is this - when the coolant gets hot, it expands through the rad cap and into the bottle. When the car cools, the coolant returns through the rad cap back into the radiator itself. Hence the need to keep the main rad completely full.

Sponsored Links
Back