Nissan micra heater blower issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a 59 plate Nissan micra. Dci model.

The blower doesn't work at all, but I still get heat. I have checked the fuse and it's fine. I'm thinking maybe a bad connection somewhere?
Any ideas?
TIA.

Sponsored Links
I hope its actually the resistor block that has failed here, but usually the blower will work on full speed. Failing that it could be the switch or the motor (god forbid on that one) :eek:
If it is the resistor block, its glove box out, two torx screws and a four wire multi plug. I've done that one, but haven't tackled the switch or motor.
John :)

The heater came on randomly for a short period of time which is making me pray it's the resister! I'll investigate. Is there Any visual signs on the block that would indicate that's the issue?

When you remove the resistor block (2 torx screws) you may see some blackening where it has overheated - that's all I can say! Loose connections aren't an issue on these cars really so you can more or less discount that.
To remove the glove box, its lid away first - and the hinge pins are pushed back and removed on these - pretty unique! After that, the box itself is secured with 5 philips screws, if I recall.

Sponsored Links
I'll let you know how I get on! If this fails, do you reckon it could be the actual switch?

Only a guess mate but yes, that's what I would head for next. I've no idea concerning their failure rate though, I'm afraid - or how to test it other than by trying a new one.

Thanks for your help! If it's one of these two posibilites hopefully it won't cost me a month's wage!

Cheers John

Back