nissan micra warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
some of you may know, i recently had an accident and am driving around in a HIRED brand new 55reg nissan micra. It came to me without a handbook which was noted on the documents. For the first 5 mins after starting, there is a little blue light on, which looks like a thermometer in rippley water, on the dashboard. Isn't this an engine temperature warning? :confused: When the engine is stone cold? it goes out after 5 mins. Would it be worth phoning the hire company and letting them know? or is this perfectly normal?

Also, the airbags off light comes on for a few seconds with the other lights when i start up, is this normal in hire cars, for airbags to be turned off? I dont like the idea of it not being on if i were to crash, having been in an accident recently.

Sponsored Links
i would have thought the water light would only come on if it was too hot. i.e no water. you should phone them and let them know about it.

i doubt they would turn the airbags off. you could probably sue them if you had a crash and the airbag had been disabled

Hi,
The K12 Micra has a cold coolant light to indicate a cold engine to show the need to reduce engine load primarily for emission purposes.
The 'Airbag-off' light I'm not so sure of without looking into it further, but many SRS systems have the option to turn off PASSENGER Airbag for forward facing child seats. Check Info on door pillars or on sun-visors.

ye like simon side its probly for PASSENGER Airbag and there sould be a swich 2 turn it on. try looking about right hand side of the steering wheel thats were its on the peugeot 206!

good luck

Sponsored Links
I disposed of the car about 3 weeks after that post, when i bought my new car. it was giving me a flat backside. :( not very comfy.

Back