No central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - can anyone help please?

We have a Siemens MA V322C fitted for our HW and CH.

As of last night we have hot water but no heating.

Someone told me today that it is possible to over-ride the 3 way valve until the plumber can get here tomorrow to replace it. It is freezing in here so if there is a way to get some heating that would be fab.

The Siemens box has a metal lever underneath, which was facing me when looking in the cupboard. The guy today said push this lever into the 'notch' which would open the ports for HW & CH. I have done this but still no heating. There also seems to be a small black 'switch' next to the metal lever, not sure where this should be though!

Stereotypical blonde female, so no idea what I'm doing! Can anyone help please?

Sponsored Links
If you lock the lever into the groove the valve is now open to both heating the water and heating the radiators.

You either need to turn the time clock on to heat the water....

or if the cylinder is up to temperature, either turn the cylinder stat up slightly or maybe more preferably to avoid scalding anyone, run some hot water until the cylinder stat kicks in and turns the boiler on.

Good luck, it's all quite simple really.

Thank you so much!! Turned the water on (I had the CH on!!) and have run some hot water out, and the rads are heating :) Fabulous!!

Last blonde question I promise - do I have to keep running hot water off to make boiler click in to heat it again so that the rads stay hot - need to defrost this house for a couple of hours and hot water heats up in about 10 mins!!

Thanks again - you're a star!

What you need to do now is to get the fault repaired. More than likely it's the motor in you 3 port valve. If so, then simple to fix, my lady :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Thank you kind sir :)

The heating engineer/plumber is attending tomorrow lunchtime, so all should be sorted then.

Just nice to be warm now!!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back