NO CIRCULATION THROUGH RADS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am having trouble with my ch sys i have now drained the sys down twice but an unable to get circulation around the rads. i get no heat to any rads but if i undo a drain off on one of the rads it does get hot but then goes cold after retightening please help [/u][/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ok so do you have a motorised valve and is that opening
Absolute basic is making sure there is no air in pipework around the pump by bleeding the pump

Airlock?

What sort of system is it? open vent with tank in loft or sealed system with filling loop?

Did the problem start after draining it down for whatever reason or have you drained simply because you had no flow before?

Sam

i drained down to change a rad from an old panel rad to a towel rail

More than likely air i would say. Have you checked for airvents on the top of the boiler? Also have you got a vent on the flow to the cylinder? (presuming you have a cylinder)

Are you getting any heat up the flow pipe off the boiler towards the cylinder if you have one?

Is your boiler making any noise? What is the boilers make and model?

Also can you explain how your system is made up (2 or 3 port valves, is it microbore pipework how high the f&e tank is above the highest point etc)

Sam

i am getting heat on both flow and return pipe but nothing in the rads themselves all the rad valves are open but nothing.the boiler is a myson economist about 21yrs old.its all piped with 15mm and 22mm pipe with 3 port valve

yes have h/w but cant understand why no c/h and no did not open diverter manually as dont know what the diverter looks like sorry

diverter is 3 port valve.
there is normally a lever you can slide across and locate to a manually open position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back