no cold water.....help me plz!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as i didn't have any stop valves in my house i thought i would add them while i was changing the taps in my kitchen. so i drained my water tank in the loft by turning the stop valve at the top of it. i've added the valves under my sink and connected the pipes back together. i turned the valve on the tank to re-fill it but i don't have any cold water coming through the pipes. a friend mentioned to me it could be an airlock, so i looked for advice on how to get rid of it. i connected my pipes to have the hot feed go up the cold water pipe, i did this for what felt like forever ( maybe half an hour ) but still no cold water. can anyone please help me.....i cant even flush the loo :(

Sponsored Links
You have an airlock on the tank fed cold supply. To clear it you need to run mains pressure cold water (kitchen tap) into the airlocked pipe to force out the air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back