No gas to cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Purchased a refurbished Smeg range a while ago with the intention of swapping with our old cooker, never got around to it as decided soon after to move house.
Now we're in our new house and had a new kitchen fitted so it's time to connect the range, plugged in the flexi gas pipe into the bayonet but no gas, I have plugged in the old cooker and getting gas.
Any ideas?
Hope it the flexi pipe on the range....next job is to swap over the flexi pipes to check.
Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
No gas at all or just tops some cookers have a reset button on them usually at back of hotplate top also are you sure you dont have to hold knobs in to get gas to ignite then prove itself and stay on

Haha yeah after checking that gas was in fact coming out through the flexi pipe by disconnecting from the range found out that you do in fact have to hold the knobs in to get gas out to the hob!!!!
Another question is that the oven part is electric but it is powered by a 13amp plug.
To be ready for when this range was installed we paid out for 6mm cable to a switch but seems like we wasted our money on that.
Have never heard of an oven using a 13amp plug.....I did see the plug but just thought it was for the gas ignition.
Is this right???

Sponsored Links
Have never heard of an oven using a 13amp plug.....I did see the plug but just thought it was for the gas ignition.
Is this right???
Possibly - many single ovens can plug in.
However a large range cooker with a 13A plug seems unlikely - perhaps the previous owner or those 'refurbishing' it got it wrong.

What model of cooker is it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back