Problem fitting range cooker with bayonet gas connection

Can someone please clarify the situation here as we are having a new cooker delivered in the morning.

From memory the old cooker (now 16 years old) came with a black hose fitted, and this was connected at the time of delivery. Its that long ago that I can't remember if the delivery guys were corgi trained or if the regulations were such that anyone could "plug" a gas cooker into the supply using the bayonet connections. Anyway, we moved into our new home and had the kitchen re-fitted, which included moving the gas point. I contracted a corgi reg plumber to move the point and he simply connected the cooker and did the pressure tests etc.

Now if the new cooker comes with a hose connected, am I flouting the regulations if I connect this to the existing gas supply via the bayonet system. If it doesn't come with a hose fitted, can I remove the hose from the old cooker and use this to connect the the new cooker, and if so can it be done by myself, or do I need to employ a corgi fitter.

Lastly, would there be any point in getting an new hose and having it fitted.

malcolm

Sponsored Links
The new cooker will need to be commissioned.

If it is a proper range cooker and not just a range in name then it must be hard connected.

Sponsored Links
Checking all the bits are there and in place, soundness test and gas pressures for starters.

You want an RGI with domestic cookers on his card

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back