no heating & freezing

Softus said:
I know I'm going to regret jumping on my high horse at this early stage, but WTF is going on here?

This forum is for people to post problems and get written help in resolving them, with a significant benefit being that other people see the solution. It isn't intended to be a forum for finding a tradesman (despite what Agile thinks), so pretty please would you proceed with the fault finding as per my previous post?

Sorry Softus if u think i,m looking 4 work or being in code. I did what i could to help the guy in Buckinghamshire by letting him email his phone no. so i could talk to him while he was all over his flat. I couldnt give him any more help & he wasn't confident to go further so he's contacting an installer in his area. All the zeros are my email adress we wiped off . & if u want to now WTF was up with his system cant help ya. His htg F/E cistern was half full ,the radiator he tried to bleed wouldnt fill so he ,s gona try a pin with the bleed out. But its a baxi bermuda which has no overun his motorised valve was opening pump running pilot lit & boiler stat clickin between 0 & low. With out checkin voltage i guess his main burner soliniods gone, If weed gone through all that intype he would still be in the attic.

Sponsored Links
Thanks bab for your comprehensive and, I perceive, genuine reply.

I wasn't actually implying that you were looking for work, despite how my post may have read to you, but certainly was implying that theshoeman was looking for help in the wrong place - he should have called out a local tradesman at the outset.

Harsh of me? Perhaps, but I really don't see the point in starting a thread that can't be continued without the use of a telephone. Having said that, I'm sure you did the right thing in the circumstances, and I'm sure that tsm appreciates that - let's just hope he takes the time to post the answer back here.

All the best,
S.

No problem.no affense taken. Dont get it all right all the time. We'v gota be sad to do this in r spare time when we do it 4 alivin as well. Got me hooked this site. wife & kids r bendin me ear.

If his F&E tank is half full and there is no water coming into/out of his rad then almost certainly his feed pipe is blocked.

In this case its unlikely he will have the necessary skill level to deal with that problem.

I dont see that it does any harm if he asks for help here first, it might have been just a stuck float valve.

He is now getting a local professional to deal with it which may not have been possible at the time when he first found it was not working.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
If his F&E tank is half full and there is no water coming into/out of his rad then almost certainly his feed pipe is blocked.
...which is precisely why I started out with the question about the F&E.

Agile said:
In this case its unlikely he will have the necessary skill level to deal with that problem.
He isn't attempting to deal with that problem, so I don't know what point you're making here.

Agile said:
I dont see that it does any harm if he asks for help here first, it might have been just a stuck float valve.
...which is precisely why I started out with the question about the F&E.

Agile said:
He is now getting a local professional to deal with it which may not have been possible at the time when he first found it was not working.
Guessing is easy. You've neatly sidestepped the diagnostic process on this topic - nothing new there though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back