No Heating or Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a new kitchen and extension completed on my house and since the works been completed I've lost all my heating and hot water.

It's a Y plan system that i used to switch off and on (for heating) using the thermostat in the lounge, only because the programmer is buried at the back of the airing cupboard and hard to get to.

When i call for heat, the boiler in the kitchen would fire up and off we go. Now I do it and nothing. There's no hot water either and the pump in the airing cupboard isn't working, although there's power to it. All wiring in the airing cupboard seems to be correct.

When the building work was done, the boiler itself wasn't moved, but the fuse box was relocated and from the hallwall to the kitchen and the gas inlet pipe was relocated. There were 2 different electricians on the job, one who moved the box and another did the electricity for the kitchen, but each one says they havent touched anything that would effect the heating system and aren't interested in coming back to take a look. During the work, one radiator was also removed and the pipes capped off.

I'm out of ideas as to where the fault might be, does anyone have any ideas?

The system consists of:

Honeywell ST7000 programmer
Danfoss room thermostat
Thorn EMI Olympic 38/50B Boiler
Honeywell V4037A 3 port valve
Flowmasta 25-5-130 pump

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
impossible to say without being there as to why your boiler isn't firing up.you mention that a gas pipe has been relocated ,so did the gas guy fire up the boiler ,has it worked at all since the gas line has been worked on ? have you checked the programmer is electrically energised and in an "On" position ?

Thanks for your reply. The programmer in the airing cupboard is in the "on" position and set to manuel. Not sure if the gas fitter ran a test as i was at work when he did the job. I'm pretty certain that its not been working since the gas pipework was done. The electrics were done a day or so later. The boiler has the pilot flame on but nothing more than that ever appears.

try changing batteries in the programmer ,could be they are very old ,and since mains electrics have been off whilst consumer unit was relocated ,they may be flat. Two AA batteries I think. if that does not bring the boiler to ignite ,think you need an engineer to visit.

Sponsored Links
try changing batteries in the programmer ,could be they are very old ,and since mains electrics have been off whilst consumer unit was relocated ,they may be flat. Two AA batteries I think. if that does not bring the boiler to ignite ,think you need an engineer to visit.

Fresh batteries in, same problem.

check the lever on the motorised valve is in the " auto " position .it may have been left in manual when plumber drained down to remove / cap radiator.

I really should wear my glasses, anyhoo has the gas valve button been turned to on ? (if it has ignition, on ect)

There's no hot water either and the pump in the airing cupboard isn't working, although there's power to it. All wiring in the airing cupboard seems to be correct.
Well the pump needs attention for a start , how are you testing 230v to the pump ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back