No hot water after bleeding CH pump

Central heating is taking its time, I assume hot water has priority? CH pump is as hot as the pipework, almost too hot to touch...is that normal?

Sponsored Links
Yep pipes are hot both sides and rads are warming...I've partly close the valves on two rads as they are getting quite warm but others further away are still cool...lockshield valves and the rads I removed are set to their original positions.

Sponsored Links
Ok all well apart from one rad which is struggling to get warm, was fine a couple of days ago. Have closed of other rads which seems to be helping but have also noticed I have a very small leak from the rad, about 1" from the valve. Over the last couple of days it looks like it has leaked a few teaspoons worth, is this likely to seal itself as the sludge gets moved around? Any quick fixes? Don't really fancy replacing the rad.

Also, when I add the inhibitor do I just dump it in the tank in the loft or will this take ages for it to circulate?

on the rad, looks like a spot of rust on the underside. Not leaking at all at the moment.

I've got to drain again in a week or two so I can relocate a radiator so inhibitor can go in then unless you think its important to have it asap?

that the rust in the bottom of your rad.
i would shut that rad off or replace as that will blow in the end. and it will be when your in bed or out.

We are having a window knocked into a door so need to relocate the rad that is under the window. Got someone from my family coming to help do it.

I nearly got around all this by getting some of those rubber bungs that creates an airlock, but I took them back as the feed pipe from my tank as two ridges in it which prevent the bungs from sealing properly.

So those drain plugs go in the F+E tank just like the conical ones I got for the same price from B&Q? And they'll seal against the two ridges?

I spose one there is an airlock they will hold tight whilst we mess around extending the pipework?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back