No hot water from immersion tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Having a bit of a mare. I emptied our hot water tank in order to replace one of the immersion heaters yesterday, that was the easy bit!

Since I have turned the water supply taps back on I've had no water coming through any of the hot waters taps. I know that the immersion tank started to fill when I turned the water back on as I could hear the water rushing back in. But I'm not sure if it has filled all the way up. I have also checked the supply tank in the loft to make sure that was full - and it is.

I have checked several times I have definitely tuned the supply taps that I tuned off. I have not yet tuned on the immersion heaters as I was worried that if the tank hasn't filled they might burn out (so not sure if this could be causing the problem?)

Any advice would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks,
anthony

Sponsored Links
You have an air lock. Plenty here, do a search.
YOu can often just put your hand under the end of a kitchen mixer tap spout, turn on the hot then the cold, and let the cold force the water back up the hot pipe via the dent in your hand, and push the air out.

Last time I did this it took 20 seconds, when others had been trying for hours. It does help that I'm superhuman.

Cheers Chris, it worked! Took a bit more than 20 secs but got there in the end. Not sure about super human but you certainly saved the day! :D

Sponsored Links
When you refilled did you leave the hot taps open?? if not then this caused the air lock probably for future ref :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back