No Hot Water - Heating working fine

Hi

Right, I've removed the Actuator motor using the instructions given here and I saw the problem. The value is stuck in. So I fiddled around and it released itself. Replaced the Actuator and tried again. I can see the motor (small white lever under Actuator) move the valve in when the CH is switched on. However, the spring is not releasing the valve after the CH is switched off.
I've removed the spring, placed a small quantity of grease on the shaft, and using pliers tried to loose the value. It appears quite easy to move now and when the spring is replaced, It moves in and out freely. However, each time I replace the Actuator and switch on the CH, the motor engages the valve but will not disengage when switched off. When I remove the Actuator agan, the valve is stuck but I minor tap releases it. It appears that the jammed bit in the last few mm when the valve is engaged.

Is it a case of just manually trying to release it further or has the valve got a problem?

Can I remove the valve with minimal effort? (meaning is it a job that I can do)? Would there be anything I can do with the valve if it was removed?

Once again, your help is appreciated.

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Well I've been trying to free the valve up further and although it appears to be free as soon as a turn on the CH, it fails to release afterward.

I certainly cannot push the valve with a thumb action, I always need pliers.

So am I correct in assuming then that it is a valve replacement which is required and if so, could I perform such as replacement?

Thanks

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Also, having searched for this part number, I've noticed the price varies considerably.

For example

http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/product.asp?prd=009231
Quote £13.71

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/baxi-3-way-valve-cartridge-p-6082.html
Quote £36.11

http://www.baxispareparts.com/baxi-product.asp?cat=Miscellaneous&thisPage=18
Quote £31.47.

It is a big job to replace the valve if I can get one?

Will the water need turning off?.

Will I have to drain down the system?

I've got this far so I may as well try and go the entire way!

Anthony

First price would appear to be the one!

You just need to drain the boiler down.

Can be a bit fiddly, watch your hands on the plate heat exchanger, it's very sharp

Thanks BaxPoti.

I've never done that before so can you tell me how to drain down the boiler please?

I guess the the Valve is a matter of 4 screws and then remove?

Thanks for your help so far. Much appreciated.

Anthony

Refer to installation instructions for draining procedure and use the supplied tool for removal.

Thanks BaxPoti. I've dug out the instructions and have it to hand now thanks.

I have another question...

Once I have drained the system, replaced the part and refilled, it mentioned to check the inhibitor concentration. How exactly do I do that?

Anthony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back