No Hot Water, overflowing overflow!!!

Hi All

Turned off stop tap and still overflowing, what I dont understaand is I can still run cold water even though I have turned stop tap off. Why is that?

Any more suggestions?

Sponsored Links
What a div, I turned it wrong way :oops:

Anyway, No water coming out of taps or overflow now. What does this suggest?

Anybody?

I suggest your filling loop is left turned on or is passing or that the Calorifier is passing.

I also think you need to call someone who knows what they are doing out or get BG's fixed price call out of £132.

suggests to me that a div who installed it should`ve left the filling loop disconnected as per regulations.....but then I`m just a poor old plumber with buggered knees :cry: not even CORGI reg. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well your pretty close to Otley, are you busy?

All local plumbers cant even see me for a month.

Anyone any ideas about the hot water, it heats up but then goes cold straight away.

I really want to fix this myself so I understand how it all works better, but obviously I need the help of you experts to point me to where the problems could be.

Firstly, I bet the plumber used the p/r valve 2 dump some excess water out of the system while u weren't looking! Bad move as sometime grit or oxidised sludge might of seat on the washer that seals the valve, therefore the continuous dripping or flow means the valve hasn't shut properly....U either replace it OR open the cold feed tap om the filler loop and turn the red handle on the p/r valve 2 or 3 clicks to allow the water 2 try and clean the face of the valve for about 30 seconds....and shut off the water and close the valve. If that doesn't stop the valve releasing water then a new one is needed like yesterday...the only the rad's needed was flushing out one by one, maybe at best the valves needed replacing.....remember to bleed the air out of the rads from the top rad down back to the boiler WHEN THE SYSTEM IS COLD NOT HOT! good luck....the flow on the DHW side can be a couple of problems with that...

It only started overflowing like a cpl of months ago, so I cant blame plumber for anything. Heating is fine and Rads never need b leeding (I keep checking)

However there is sludge in the system probably due to oxygen getting in which I assume is same problem as overflow constantly flowing.

I have looked at a diagram of how a combi sytem works and wonder if the faults could be:-

1. Inflow needs disconnecting as it is letting in water to system, hence overflow flowing

2. Overflow is not high enough above boiler so releases at a lower pressure (2 bar instead of 3 bar) Overflow is only about a foot above boiler

3. Divertor valve does not open fully, hence initial hot water and then going cold.

What do you pros think?

Heating is running fine apart from sludge in some rads that I intend to clear out later this week.

Did i miss the result workin late .is the fillin loop passin or not either way ya sludge or scale or boths probably killing ya hot water & ya sludge is coming from all that fresh water so wheres the water cumin from. help us to help u.

How do I disconnect infill loop?

It has a screw off fitting on each end, any end in particular to unscrew? Also if I take it off what happens to pipework, does this need a valve shutting or anything to stop it leaking?

cheers

charlies99 said:
Bump......help please
Whats that meen. the filling loop is connected to the valve u said is stiff when shut. Normally flexi silver bendy pipe 10" long with wing nuts on each end.

what I meant is pipe is stiff when tap is turned on, If i turn tap off it slackens.

What I wanted to know is if I disconnect the inflow pipe using one of the screws at either end, will water then leak out of either the mains inlet or the radiator inlet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back