No Hot Water, overflowing overflow!!!

sorry mate . got pyin customers to sort out as well. u shouldnt get any thing out of the heating running back but if the infills passin it would still come out of the pipe. turn off ya mains 1st if not sure,remove pipe & then turn on again a little. if boiler is in basement & valve is passin there will still b a bit water there any way . can u get abucket under there.

Sponsored Links
Thanks...

OK, disconnected infill pipe at boiler end, not leaking but overflow is still leaking. What next guys and gals?

ok. looking at a diagram, I assume now it must be secondary heat exchanger that is faulty and letting water into system? Pressure is staying same.

With regards to inhibitors/flush, can I put this in a new radiator before installing? How do I clear the sludge, is it a matter of taking each rad off and flushing through with a hose or something?

Any thoughts anyone? I REALLY want a bath!!!!

Sponsored Links
charlies99 said:
Hello?????
It's been three days now since you answered your own questions
ok. looking at a diagram, I assume now it must be secondary heat exchanger that is faulty and letting water into system? Pressure is staying same.

With regards to inhibitors/flush, can I put this in a new radiator before installing? How do I clear the sludge, is it a matter of taking each rad off and flushing through with a hose or something?

Any thoughts anyone? I REALLY want a bath!!!!
Are you really still waiting in the cold for someone to tell you what to do?

Well, I dont know if I have answered my own questions, hence the post for advice.

I have to wait a month where I live just for a plumber to have a look at it, so I am afraid I am still waiting in the cold for help :(

Ok I'll just focus on the crux of your problem.
You have disconnected the 'infill pipe' as you put it and water is still coming from your PRV. Yes?
With that pipe disconnected the only other close contact with mains water is your Secondary heat exchanger. A break in the plates will allow mains water in [unless someone has mysteriously connected another supply somewhere]. Therefore you need a new Secondary heat exchanger.

The fact that you had to ask how to disconnect a 'infill pipe' does little for my faith in your DIY abilities and is probably the reason why no one else has bothered to reply so I suggest you just wait for a plumber in the interests of your own safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back