No hot water potterton he plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. We have a potterton he plus 28 combi boiler fitted 2 years ago in a house that previously had no boiler or heating system. When we turn on the hot water it asks for heat, but when the temperature gets to about 80 degrees it starts a knocking sound and pressure gauge wobbles between 1-2 bar. This stops either as boiler cuts out or we turn off the tap. We had a spirotech valve fitted 6months ago after the filters (?) were cleaned. This helped until about 2 months ago. Water seems to be clear when we empty the spirotech valve. I have no experience and may well call an engineer but just want to know what to ask them. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
;) thanks TWGAS. I did mean more so that I didn't get flustered when they started to talk about the inner workings of a boiler, and I had a vague idea I what they were saying might be related to the problem!!:). Can you help with that? Thanks

It sounds like a blocked plate heat exchanger which is probably what was the problem before!

Best to listen to what the engineer has to say and what he suggests to prevent it happening again.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi agile. Thank you. Do you know how we might stop it from happening again? If he cleaned the heat exchanger last time and added the spirotech thing, and neither of these have helped long term, is this likely to be a yearly problem do you think? Sorry to ask more questions....

Likely to be less often but it all depends on how he cleaned the HE. I use acid!

There may be a filter on the return to the boiler wilch also needs to be cleaned.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back