No hot water pressure - Range Tribune

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im after a bit of advise please...there seems to be an issue with the hot water pressure in my house, i have a Range Tribune HE unvented system (The house is about 5 years old and ive lived here for 2 years now).

At every sink and shower (over 3 floors) the hot water seems to run out at a really slow rate even with the tap on full and over the last few days it seems to have got worse so much that the shower now just trickles out. The cold water doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere in the house.

The pressure gage on the cylinder is at 2 bar (the max it suggests). Ive bled the radiators to see if that was having any issue but that all seems fine, there isn't any problems with the heating side of things.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the low water pressure? Ive looked in the manual and the only thing is states is if there is no hot water flow then the strainer in the pressure reducing valve may be blocked and should be cleaned. Any idea where that is exactly and what the process is for cleaning it?

Appreciate your help!

Sponsored Links
If its the strainer then the pressure will seriously fall from 2 bar when you turn on a hot water tap.

Since anyone working on an unvented cylinder needs to hold the appropriate certificate then I cannot give you DIY advice on doing repairs on an open forum.

Are you sure the pressure is the cylinder pressure and not a heating system pressure?

Tony

Hi Tony,

The gage is the one at the water cylinder. When we need to top up the system this is the gage we use to determine its levels. This doesn't seem to move when we are using the hot water and still having the problems so if you do not think its the strainer do you have any other ideas what it may be, or things we could try?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Since you done seem to be aware that the gauge is the heating system pressure then I would not advise you to attempt any work on your system.

It might be the strainer but it could be other things and needs a competent qualified oerson to check its properly installed and diagnose the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back