Range Tribune HE hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just asking for advice on here before I get in touch with the landlord, but I've been having a problem over the last week with my boiler (a Range Tribune HE).

I have it set to come on between 5-6:30 every morning, and this has been the same for months. It has always given me enough hot water to last the day, even if I was to have a shower and a bath.

However, the other day I got home from work to find the water was running lukewarm, and quickly went cold. I put the boost on just to give me enough hot water for the rest of the day. The following two days, the shower was hot and in the evening there was plenty of hot water from the taps, so I assumed whatever the problem was had resolved itself.

But apparently not. Today I got home from work and the water was stone cold. Not even a hint of warmth. The timer is working fine and the shower this morning was hot, so I really have no idea what the actual problem is here. Especially as it seemed to rectify itself for a couple of days. I have not changed anything with the boiler or timer and have not been using any more water than usual.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
Unless you shower very quickly I don't think just having it on 1.5 hours in morning is enough for a shower and a bath.
What size of cylinder is it?
How many people using it?
Clock on timer set correctly after clocks changed few weeks ago?
Definitely got the programme times correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back