No hot water. Replaced torn diaphragm with no success.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My biasi 24s boiler has for a while now only provided hot water if the central heating is on. Occasionally it would start to warm up but then stop. I had read ollski's advice & followed his instructions from this thread:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24038

but unfortunately there's no improvement.

When I removed & opened up the diverter valve the diaphragm was clearly split, so i replaced it with an identical one that i had purchased & inserted the new one, facing the same way as the previous one. I then assembled everything back together in reverse order.

The hot water still only works if the heating is on and if it isn't the boiler won't ignite at all & the water runs cold. I thought perhaps i put the diaphragm in wrong so I opened it up again & can't see how it should sit anyother way.... ie fitting perfectly into one half of the valve, the concave side towards the actuator plate.

So despite finding the original diaphragm split, does it look like there is a secondary fault too?

Sponsored Links
Make sure the Pin on the Diaphragm is operating the microswitch, sounds to me like it isn't ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back