No hot water with central heating running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My central heating runs on a Drayton thermostat - 90 minutes in the morning and 90 in the evening. Past few days the water has gotten cold in the mornings. I turn on the hot water panel of the Drayton (not the immersion switch) which heats the water, but I'm wondering if this is inefficient / doubling up? My preference is to just run central heating while its still cold weather, and get hot water that way. Last summer we did need a plumber to fix an issue where the hot water system didn't work when the central heating was off, but now we seem to have the other problem.

Thanks for any help!

5E346B5B-86AB-4F97-8B5F-5893C8140D07.JPG

Sponsored Links
You won't get domestic hot water if only the central heating is running, if that's what you are expecting.
What programmer do you have ?

You won't get domestic hot water if only the central heating is running, if that's what you are expecting.
What programmer do you have ?

Ah - I misunderstood the systems then - perfect - I'll leave the hot water program running

Drayton lifestyle 522

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 84A3EC8C-AA2B-42E2-BA2F-C2578AA0AA61.JPG
    84A3EC8C-AA2B-42E2-BA2F-C2578AA0AA61.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You would of course in summer months set programmer for hot water only, and leave central heating side off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back