No Hot water

I do not have a meter to test.
The orange LED is constantly on.

The Valve is a Potterton MSV222 do think think it could possibly be this valve that is casing the problem?

Is the micro switch available seperatly?

Sponsored Links
You need to test it as previously advised.
Personally, I find them of very poor quality & drain and replace with Honeywell.
Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
How about if I switch off the CH and switch the Actuator with the CH actuator (they are the same P/N) and see if the boiler fires up to heat the water?

they are only held on to the valve with 2 screws and just lift off without having to disconnect any pipe work.

Would that work?

OK I have just switch the 2 actuators and the boiler fired up to heat the HW and the CH did not come on.
So its the Actuator.

I am going to order a new one, will the Myson actuator MPE222 fit the same as the Potterton MSV222?

they are only held on to the valve with 2 screws and just lift off without having to disconnect any pipe work.

Im fully aware of that.

Would that work?

Yes in the fact you will have your hot water working, but no - you have not ascertained the fault with the system.

As a competent diy'er you really could easily prove if this valve was at fault with a multimeter.

Personally, I don't guess at faulty components in a boiler / heating system. I test and repair / replace when neccessary.

Mr. W.

I'd go with Mr W's suggestion, for the sake of £5 buy the complete Honeywell valve. Appreciate you need to drain to fit it, but chances are it'll outlast a new actuator for the current valve. (You then have spares for the other valve! ;) )

I appreciate what you are saying, but I will change it like for like as it lasted 13 years so cant be that bad!

I know of a lady who lives not far away who is 101 years old.

But I dont expect that I will live that long!

Ther Honeywell is easy to replace just the motor and more commonly available.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back