no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SIME SUPER 90 boiler that heats the house fine but when we go to use the hot water in the taps or the thermostatic shower the water goes hot ,then quickly back to cold . the taps are exactly the same . I have been told that the diverter valve is faulty but just want to know if there is any other reason for this fault

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have you throttled the tap, slow the water down, mi says 2.8 litres per minute to be precise. Does it warm up? What is the boiler doing?

If not, there are a few more checks that only and engineer can do to verify the gas pressures, from there you'll get a full diagnosis.

thanks for that last bit shall try that was never told about turning the water back i.e. pressure will let you know as soon as I try it

throttling back the water did no good ,the boiler fired up as usual as the tap was turned on ,the water went hot then 30 secs later went cold and stayed cold!!!

Will it stay cold for say 15 minutes if you leave it running?

Tony

Sounds like diverter valve if the boiler is still on the heat must b going somewhere??? Is it going round the heating??

You say the boiler fires up and the flame STAYS on even though the water becomes cold.

That heat must be going somewhere. If its not the hot water then it MUST be the heating!

Run the hot water for 15 minutes and see if the rads heat up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back