No lights at all!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced the rose in the bedroom. Switched the lights on and they worked ok. Turned them off and then tried turning them back on again and nothing. Checked the fuse and this had blown. Replaced the fuse but now no lights work anywhere in the house.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
did the fuse blow again?

how did you wire things at the rose?

I've doubled checked the fuse and the little sod had gone again by the screw and not in the little window so it all looked ok.

I've replaced it and all lights except for the bathroom and main bedroom are working. (the last two in the circuit!)

I take it you have rewirable fuses? Have you checked the fuse with a multimeter? Sometimes the tightening of the terminals can cause the fuse wire to snap.

Sponsored Links
Is the bedroom before the bathroom on the lighting ckt? As you have been working on the wires in there this is a likely suspect. Is it a normal switch or a dimmer switch?

The bathroom is first on a normal switch.(It is through a transformer though)

Is the transformer wired into a JB? Can you check so see if you have 240vAC across live and neutral with a multimeter? Operate the switch and re-check.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back