no permanent live for bathroom extractor

Sponsored Links
When the fan is isolated or just when live?

Double check your wiring, you have an earth fault so either live or neutral somewhere is in contact with the earth.

Did it work ok yesterday?

i didnt wire it until now so i would have daylight should this happen. AARRGGHH.

Ive put a new pull switch on as the old ones N terminal had no grub screw, will put up a photo.

Sponsored Links
ive not reconnected the 3 and E from the iso in this pic, but im wondering if the new pull switch is layed out differently.

You've disconnected the new cable for now? Does is still trip? The neutral you split, how is it joined? Is it a 1 way or 2 way switch?

Also, you said the earth came in and went back out, can only see 1 coming in on your photo? where's the one that goes out to the light, is it just combined into the cover going into the block?

its a 2 way which i think is why it now trips when connected the way the old one was.
this one is labelled L1(where the N wires are) L2(where at the top of pic and Common on the right of pic.

checked iso wiring and fan, all correct as in instructions

its a 2 way which i think is why it now trips when connected the way the old one was.
this one is labelled L1(where the N wires are) L2(where at the top of pic and Common on the right of pic.

checked iso wiring and fan, all correct as in instructions

if it's 2 way single pole then you can't join the N in there (the terminal being called L is the givaway!), use another block to join the Ns.

The incoming cable L should go to COM and the light L should goto L1 or L2.

remember though, I'm not a sparky

As in it comes on for the same time and goes off or never goes off? If the latter then you may have taken your switched live from the wrong place for the fan, should be from the L1/L2 of the switch (ie same as the light L) and the perm live coming from COM on the switch.

no it works, just the adjuster screw came to what seemed to be a stop but when i turned it a bit more it was just a sticking point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back