No pressure and topping Up the water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to find out where the "filling cock" is located so that I can restore pressure to the boiler as it is on 0.5 bar. The heating does work when i switch it on manually but always cuts out when the timer switches it on. I presume I have to fill up the tank in the airing cupboard with water to restore the pressure but I have turned all the taps that it has and nothing seems to work. I had a peek into the loft and saw something wrapped in insulation up there above the airing cupboard, I dont know what it is and I havent been brave enough to venture up there......yet!

Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
If it has a pressure guage you are on the wrong scent. Look closer to the boiler for a filling loop.

I am pretty sure its not a combi. It is called an "ARCA Pocket".

I dont know what a filling loop is supposed to look like, and how I would go about using one??

Sponsored Links
fill loop

fillloop.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back