No pressure on combi-boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
The pressure on the combi constantly drops to near zero and if i fill her up it only lasts a few days and is back to zero.
Even though there is no pressure i am still receiving hot water and the radiators are heating up.
All advice accepted.
Thanks in advance. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Is the Pressure Relief pipe producing any water? (That's the one which normally goes straight through the wall.) If so your pressure vessel needs re-pressurising.
To do that you have to release all the pressure from the system and pump up the PV with a foot pump or similar, to about 1 bar. Not trivial if you don't know where things are.

Often PR valves do just leak, too.

Thanks guys.
I have just pumped it up to 1 bar and it has hissed its way back to zero. Does that mean i need to change the valve or could there still be a leak? If i leave the pump attached it stays consistant at 1 bar. :oops:

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Wot h issed :eek: If it was the schraeder valve its just like a tyre valve - unscrew, clean and replace. If you can get at it it'll be a b**o*y miracle though. You could try poking the centre pin several times....

Sometimes the pressure vessel is simply too difficult to change, you have to dismantle the combi completely while it's off the wall in some cases! If that's the case you forget about it (blanking if necessary - not nec unless the diaphragm has perforated) and fix another one to an accessible pipe somewhere. Supposed to be as near as possible on the return side. Not a major drama.

Thanks Chris, yes it was the tyre valve and will try to clean it.
Thanks mate you must have saved me a small fortune.
Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back