No water coming out of my kitchen hot tap - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the past few weeks the hot water tap in my kitchen has been running very slowly and within about 30 of being turned on the water supply stops completely. The cold water supply has no problems and good water pressure.

I have good hot water supply to the bathroom hot water tap upstairs, so I am not sure what is going on.

I have a gloworm space saver boiler in my kitchen and a Potterton EP3001 Electronic programmer.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks

C

Sponsored Links
Has any work been done, like draining the pipes?
If you turn the tap full off then immediately on again, does it get better? If so it's the tap.

Hi - thanks both for your replies.

Chris - have tried what you suggested and it makes no difference, so I guess its an airlock.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I suspect that the tap mechanism is the culprit. Why would an airlock occur if the system hadn't been drained?

The hot tap mechanism needs dismantling and examining. Quite a quick job for a professional, and not all that difficult DIY.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back