No water from either basin taps upstairs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My friend has no water from either basin taps in upstairs bathroom. The bath taps are fine and the toilet refills when flushed. Any suggestions? Blockage maybe,how would i clear it? Thanks.

J

Sponsored Links
What type of system is it? what type of taps are they? Are there isolation valves under the basin that have been touched?

Its a gravity fed vented sysytem and there are no isolation valves under the sink. The taps are really old pillar i think (same as bath ones which are ok) but wouldnt it a bit of a coincidence for both taps to stop working at the same time? Thanks.

James

look at the cold water tank. Is there a drowned rat in it? Is it full? What is its height above the basin taps?

Sponsored Links
Might be an idea to isolate one and take apart to see if the jumper is stuck down. A bit unusual if they have both stuck at the same time but you have nothing to loose by checking.

Loft header tank empty due to a sticking ball valve, methinks? The loo fed by mains cold....
John :)

Hi Guys

Thanks for your help. Well i checked the header tank and its full so stuck a hose pipe in the outlets and gave a good blow but hasn't solved it. Tried isolating cold via gate valve(no iso valves under sink)in airing cupboard but its jammed. Shall i try a bit of wd40 or isolate from loft? Once i've done this this was planning to have a look at dampers. As already stated seems a bit strange for both to go!

If the gate valve is stuck you will have to isolate the water to your CWSC either by tying up the ball valve or turning the main stop cock off if you have no isolation valve and drain down the CWSC. If you turn the stop cock off that will do the hot and the cold :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back