No water from pump when bleeding?

I've walloped the tee where it splits between heating and water quite hard, but with no effect. I applied a magnet and there is an attraction, albeit weak.

Would sludge remover unblock this if I put in in the f&e tank? I guess it would get down the pipe in some amount?

Sponsored Links
What the best thing to do is not to mess with fernox e.c.t. empty small tank(F.E.) and cut pipe just above T into system and you will see blockage and clear with flat-head screwdriver then fix with a 15mm ball fix join so you wont have to empty tank if it happens again ;)

What the best thing to do is not to mess with fernox e.c.t. empty small tank(F.E.) and cut pipe just above T into system and you will see blockage and clear with flat-head screwdriver then fix with a 15mm ball fix join so you wont have to empty tank if it happens again ;)

come on gasandoilman surely you don't do work like that do you ?
combined feed/vent with a 15mm ball-o-fix and an internal size of 10mm

Sponsored Links
you can run a whole system on 10mm microbore.
i would do away with header tank and go for sealed system?

i do agree with ya on 10mm pipe but by the sounds of this system being full of crud and never cleaned it would probably block again in short time.

But it will only block below the ball-fix
Long term i would power flush and seal the system?
Sometimes best to air presure first to check no hidden leaks in an old system before presurising :oops:

Make sure manufacturers instructions let you have a sealed system on your boiler also. Deffo don't seal it if it hasn't got a over heat stat.

The CP53 seems to self vent very effectively and little air or water ever comes out.

The blockage at the junction between the system and the feed is a calcium based compound and virtually impervious to anything short of HCl.

The normal solution is mechanical removal and sometimes needs a masonry drill as it can be so hard.

As it usually takes several years to form I am totally happy with the cut and replace with an iso valve. Thats all that is needed.

Tony

If it's combined open vent cold feed do not fit the ball fix valve as it is then possible to shut off the open vent..

Thanks for all the replies guys, your insight has been really helpful.

Given that I'm down to replacing the cold feed and potentially converting to a sealed system (the boiler is a Profile 60e which has an overheat cut out) could any of you offer a ballpark figure for this work in the south east (outside of London)?

Cheers,

Andy

That wasn't a quote - you asked for a ballpark figure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back