No water, some air when bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Our boiler is located on the ground floor, where it is efficiently feeding 6 radiators, and 3 upstairs.
All of them will get hot when heating is on, except for the one in my bedroom, which is upstairs. The bottom 1/4 of the radiator is hot, and the rest cold. When bleeding, a small amount of air will hiss out, sounding slightly wet, and then cease. No water comes out, no more air will come out.
Every other radiatior is fine, as is the water. Any suggestions are much appreciated, cheers

Stuart

Sponsored Links
If you're trying to bleed the system with it switched ON, then turn it OFF first.

Otherwise, if no water comes out, your cold feed is blocked or your F&E tank is empty. Blockage often fixed easiest with new pipes - get someone in. CIf tank is empty , check float is not stuck in UP position.

Hey man, thanks for the quick reply. I will try tommorow during the day, I have always had the heating on which is what I was led to believe was the correct procedure.
Cheers again chief-no more double duvets! :p

Sorry to keep posting, but should I turn the system off and bleed it while it is stikll hot, or wait until it is cool before attempting?

Cheers again.. ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back