Noise from UPvc window can I adjust it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a upvc window with two upside down v shaped devices at the top which is connected to two levers. And the window pivots from the top.

It is a bottom opening window. The guy who installed it told how to adjust it as one of my others was faulty, ie it just needed adjusting, which he did easily.

However, I have forgotten what he did. Anybody any ideas what I need to do?

C

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with it? If it keeps closing on its own open it a do the screw up on the plastic things that slide up and down

You mean the friction hinges like these
Thumbnail.aspx

As far as i am aware you cannot adjust them, just make sure all the screws are tight and it butts up against the inside of the frame correctly,

If not these post a pic so we can see what you are talking about.

I hiave 1mm gap at the top, beteen seal and widow, and it is tight at the bottom, where the open handle is.

The hinge bracket is like your picture.

Sponsored Links
If it were me i would replace the hinges, but like i said check the screws are tight, if the top ones in the hinge are loose you will get this problem. Also if the piece of plastic at the top of the fixed piece of the hinge is damaged, it will not seal correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back