noisey boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a worcester 20/25 combi.Its been sitting in a damp house for about 9 months switched of.I turned it on and it started making a noise coming from the motor or oil pump??????????called a plumber he serviced it for me.Had new exspansion tank new diverter valve new auto air vent new flow switch.He said its the bearings.Would that be the bearings on the oil pump or the motor.Any body got some detailed pictures of this.I have the service manuel for the boiler it shows a picture of the burner,motor,oil pump together but not detailing where the bearings are.Can I undo the grub screws on oil pump and take that off without touching the oil lines.Its got flexi lines.Then take motor off and sort those pesky bearings out.Ive looked them up and the word on the street is 6202 2zz is this right.they are on ebay £7 for 2. What size are they.Its been such a good boiler.Any help much appreciated :D :confused:

Sponsored Links
Bearings on motor.
Probably easier just to swap the motor out.
I certainly never fiddle about with bearings if the motor has gone /is going.

Thanks dcawkwell.Ive been reading other messages on here and they are saying its quite a easy job.New bearings are £7 a new motor is £95 :cry:

Sponsored Links
eeeerrrrrrr hello anybody out there ive had about 80 views with 1 replie :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: .I undid the 2 grub screws on oil pump took that of first.marked it first.then took motor with fan casing of undone the grub screw on fan shaft.Couldnt get fan of so i oiled bearing on oil pump side of motor .spun really smooth.turned the oil pump shaft felt really lumpy oiled it even though thet are sealed put it back together wow quiet again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back