noisy boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( i have just move in to this house and it seems everything on boiler
was fine until last week were it makes me awake most of the time. the boiler name is MYSON MIDAS but i cant find the manu. date. Every time somebody open and closed the tap (either hot or cold) it makes a noisy sound (like vibrating piping touching each other inside the boiler).I ask few friends and they said maybe the air pressure is low but not so sure. I am working night so its difficult to get sleep during the day because of noisy boiler. please can somebody help i dont any about boiler. please.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you are a tenant.

The boiler may also be in your bedroom.

You should get the Landlord to get somebody to look at the boiler.

Its not very satisfactory to work nights if you have a boiler in the bedroom.

This is a very old boiler and most have been replaced by now.

You should also have been given a copy of a Gas Safety Certificate.

Tony

It sounds as if you are a tenant.

The boiler may also be in your bedroom.

You should get the Landlord to get somebody to look at the boiler.

Its not very satisfactory to work nights if you have a boiler in the bedroom.

This is a very old boiler and most have been replaced by now.

You should also have been given a copy of a Gas Safety Certificate.

Tony
Thank you very much Tony. Actually i owned this house and the boiler was located in the kitchen but i can still hear the sound in upstairs bedroom. this afternoon i opened the front cover of the boiler and noticed the sourced of noise from the red tank at the back side of the boiler. And one more thing i noticed was the timer rotating on anti clockwise direction thats why it is not turning ON/OFF the CH if i set it twice daily. I really thinking of changing it but the cost is a bit high so maybe in the next few months. I m praying it will last till summer. Thanks for our help

Sponsored Links
Have you considered having it serviced/repaired?

I understand BG offer a fixed-price repair service, which at least puts a cap on your costs.

(I am just a householder)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back