Worcester 23i boiler really noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had problems with this boiler being noisy(like a tractor) to vibrating then like a tractor, so noisy cant sleep through it and have to turn heating off completely.The fan has been replaced before, this did make it quieter for a short time but its back to its old self again now the frost has started.Can anybody give me any advice? Its infuriatingly loud. :evil: Please?
I rent the house and dont know anything about boilers, I just need something to suggest to the landlord to maybe make him get the problem sorted out for me.

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that some Worcester fans are not as long lived as I would have expected.

The worst case was a boiler just a week old with a very noisy fan with "worn" bearings.

Tony

Thanks, i will have to ask them to see the boiler again.It just gives me headache. Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
In the interests of fairness I should also state that I have also been to several complaints about "excessive noise" from new boilers.

In about 50% of the cases there was a slightly more noisy fan which I changed. but in the other 50% it was just that the owner decided that he did not like to hear the boiler operating at all.

In the last case about eight weeks ago, the boiler was fitted in the kitchen which was open plan to the large living room. There were little furnishings and the floor was all hard ceramic tiles so there was no sound adsorbence at all.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back