Noisy fan worcester 230. Does it need replaced??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, When my boiler fires up it makes a noisy whirring sound, seems to be coming from the top of the boiler so it can only be the fan im thinking? Is there anything I can do to make it less noisy or do I just need to replace it?

Sponsored Links
It is most likely to be the fan. It might go on for years, or fail tomorrow.

However because its inside the combustion chamber we dont recommend that as a DIY job.

So the advice is to call a gas reg engineer.

Tony

Can they be lubed with any success? I know you are duty bound to tell me to leave it but i'm more than competent to replace it if need be and seal the cover correctly.

The forum rules dont permit me to make any comment which would encourage you to do DIY gas work.

Whilst you think that you are competent, are you sure that you would pass the gas assessments and that you have the appropriate test equipment?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can they be lubed with any success? I know you are duty bound to tell me to leave it but i'm more than competent to replace it if need be and seal the cover correctly.

You couldn't work out how to remove a simple isolation valve on your boiler without being led by the hand.
So what makes you competent now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back