Noisy Grundfos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At certain points during the day, our pump gets VERY noisy. Sounds like the house is about to explode. Can happen at 4pm or 4am, doesn't matter if heating is switched on or off.
I recall thew pump was only installed within the last two years.
Also it gets very very hot whilst noisy.
I've checked water tanks in the loft and they are both at a good level.
I've tried bleeding one or two radiators.
Cause? Solution?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it definitely the pump, and not a motorised valve? You mention the heating, but not the hot water - is this on permanently?

Also it gets very very hot whilst noisy.

What gets hot then pump or radiators?

Hot water comes on for 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins in the afternoon - it's not neccessarily switched on when the pump is noisy (eg. at 1am this morning)
How would i be able to tell if it was the motorised valve? Signs?
Thanks

Both get hot.
Radiators work fine. Water works fine.

Pump is scorching hot whilst being noisy, sounds like someone is drilling.

Sponsored Links
Hot water comes on for 30 mins in the morning, 30 mins in the afternoon - it's not neccessarily switched on when the pump is noisy (eg. at 1am this morning)
How would i be able to tell if it was the motorised valve? Signs?
Thanks
The motorised valves have a lever at the side for manually opening the valve , with demand switched off this lever should slide across but with some resistance, with the demand switched on the levers should slide across with no resistance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back