Noisy Neighbours...

If you cant get a heat exchanger for this I'll eat my hat!!!

The H/E is a fairly involved job and required various saftey checks being done afterwards so its not reccomended for the DIY man!

worcester would do it as a fixed price repair. £200 ish.

Sponsored Links
So... what do you guys think... Is he taking the p**s? It's a reputable company, but he didn't fill me with confidence (especially when he rammed a screw driver into the end of the pump to see if it was turning!)

thats how you test a pump

duh :rolleyes:

He said you can buy the exchanger, but it's impossible to get the old one out...
He said they'd tried before on a couple of other peoples boilers.

I called Worcester and they said they'd do it for £280 fixed price like you said.

Seems strange why they can replace it but this geezer can't...

Sponsored Links
The Worcester man came today - He agrees that it's the heat exchanger, but said I need to flush the system before he would fit a new one.

He was great, told me how to flush everything out and didn't even charge a penny.

So next step is to flush the system using cleaners etc over a period of a couple of weeks (Cheaper than a power flush)

He said it may even clear the crap from the heat exchanger if we're lucky.

Thanks for all the replies...

Hi All,

I going to flush the system and need to know which stuff is the best - I looked at ScrewFix and there are loads of different makes / types of cleaners.

Any tips about which brand / type works best? (Caulking Gun type or liquid)

I see they do a "Boiler Noise reducer" as well which sounds like it might be suitable for us.

Any tips on how to proceed?
Should I do the Central Heating cleaner first, then drain and refill and add the Boiler Noise reducer? or can I let them run in the system at the same time?

Any tips greatfully received...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back