noisy pipe when the hot water is turned on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone help, I have a combi boiler, when I turn the hot water on anywhere in the flat the pipes bang.
I have looked at the pipes, but they keep banging even when I move them.
I have tried turrning the stop cock up and down.
Nothing seems to help.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The sound is like the pipes are vibrating and knocking against something, but even when I hold the pipe and turn the hot tap on it still vibrates.
It seems like it is the pipe going up to the shower, unfortunately this is the only bit of pipe behind plaster board.
Also the shower is the furthest hot point away from the boiler.
I have had no work completed recently, I thought it might just be due to the cold weather as it has been like it for some time, but the banging noise is getting worse.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Oh right, how do I find out which tap?
It makes the noise when the kitchen or the bathroom tap is on.
I know it is naughty and I am going to get it done but I have not had the boiler serviced for two years, but it was new two years ago.
Someone suggested it could be a boiler problem.

Normally a loose pipe or more likely a worn tap (s) vibrating, mine do it with my combi on my basin tap, cant be arrssed to sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back